Medium Business 31 - 50 cpm
Sharp MXM453N. 45ppm Black & White Multifunction Copier/Printer/Scanner/Fax
Smart MFDs with Colour Network Scanning that increase workflow efficiency and provide exceptional image quality
Precision engineered to help increase workflow efficiency and provide exceptional image quality, Sharp's new MX Monochrome Series document systems take you to the next level in MFP performance and productivity. A large, high resolution touch-screen color display with graphical menu navigation and a full-size retractable keyboard to simplify data entry are just two of the many advanced features offered by these new models. A powerful true multi-tasking controller enables MX Monochrome Series users to save time and money while producing professional documents in-house—amazing image quality that is also economical. Sharp's advanced device management makes it easy to control usage and costs. With the latest Sharp OSA® development platform, integration with network applications has never been easier. And, to safeguard the confidentiality of your intellectual property, Sharp's industry leading security suite is second to none.Engineered For Performance.
- Print, Copy, Colour Scan, Fax, File
- Pages per minute: 45 B/W
- Paper capacity: Std 1100 Max 5600 sheets
- High-quality 1200 x 1200 dpi printing & colour network scanning
- 8.5" touch-screen colour LCD control panel with thumbnail views and optional retractable keyboard for data entry
- Built-in 100-sheet high speed Duplex Single Pass Feeder (DSPF) enabling max scan speed of 70 originals per minute in B/W and colour
- Industry-leading security solutions for ultimate data/document protection
- Sharp OSA (Open Systems Architecture) allows integration with network applications and makes them accessible from the LCD control panel
Flexible Document Distribution
- 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution (N models)
- Standard PCL6/PCL5e Emulation and optional PS3
- Professional, ultra-crisp documents with features like cover page printing, overlay print and pamphlet print
- Easy-to-use print drivers
Versatile Application Integration
- ImageSEND feature enables users to scan documents to up to seven different destinations, including USB Memory Devices, Network Folders, and more!
- Send-to-Group function allows users to send a mixed group broadcast to E-mail, Fax, and Internet Fax in a single operation.
- With Send-to-USB feature, you can quickly scan documents to a USB memory device in popular formats such as TIFF, JPEG, PDF, and Encrypted PDF (some features require optional equipment).
Optional B/W Fax and Internet Fax
- The MX series supports Sharp OSA® technology, which helps streamline document workflow and enhance productivity by allowing users to have bi-directional interaction with network applications right from the machine LCD panel.
- The Sharp OSA development platform uses industry-standard network protocols such as XML and SOAP.
- Enterprise Resource Planning software, workflow applications and more!
- Super G3 fax module offers advanced features such as automatic stapled/copied receptions.
- Inbound Fax Routing converts fax messages to E-mail.
- Sharp's innovative PC fax driver enables users to send fax documents right from their desktop.
- Optional B/W Internet expansion kit
Available Peripherals include
- MX-FN11: Finisher
- MX-PNX6A/B/C/D: 2/3/4/4-wide Punch Modules
- MX-FN10: Saddle-stitch Finisher
- MX-PNX5A/B/C/D: 2/3/4/4-wide Punch Modules
- MX-RBX3: Paper Pass Unit
- MX-FN9: Finisher
- MX-PNX1A/B/C/D: 2/3/4/4-wide Punch Modules
- MX-DEX9: Stand with 2 x 500 Sheet Paper Drawers
- MX-DEX8: Stand with 1 x 500 Sheet Paper Drawer
- MX-TRX2: Exit Tray Unit
- MX-FXX2: Fax Expansion Kit
- MX-LCX1: Large Capacity Tray (A4)
- MX-ARSMX3: Expansion Memory Board
- MX-PKX1: PS3 Expansion Kit
- MX-PUX1: XPS Expansion kit
- AR-PF1: Barcode Font Kit
- MX-FWX1: Internet Fax Expansion Kit
- MX-USX1/5: Sharpdesk 1/5 License Kit
- MX-US10/50/AO: Sharpdesk 10/50/100 License Kit
- MX-AMX1: Application Integration Module
- MX-AMX2: Application Communication Module
- MX-AMX3: External Account Module
- MX-FR14U: Data Security Kit (non CC version)
- MX-FR14: Data Security Kit (Common Criteria Validated)
- MX-EBX3: PDF Scan Compression Kit
- MX-KBX2: Retractable Keyboard
- AR-SU1: Stamp Unit
||Max. 45 cpm / ppm|
||Max. A3, min. A5R|
||Paper capacity (80 g/m2)
Standard: 1,100 sheets (2 x 500-sheet tray, 100 sheet multi-bypass tray)
Maximum: 5,600 sheets
||Less than 20 sec|
Printer: Standard 1GB, max. 2GB
||230-240V AC, 50/60 Hz|
||Power consumption (max.)
||Dimensions (W x H x D)
||645 x 695 x 935 mm|
||Approx. 95 kg|
||Card shot, edge/centre erase, job build, document filing, user authentication (1,000 accounts), toner save mode, pre-heat/auto power shut-off modes |
||Original paper size
||First copy time*4
||Max. 999 copies|
Scan: 600 x 600 dpi, 600 x 400 dpi, 600 x 300 dpi
Print: 1,200 x 1,200 dpi, 600 x 600 dpi
||Scan:256 levels Print: 2 levels|
||25 to 400% (25 to 200% using DSPF) in 1% increments|
||Preset copy ratios
||10 ratios (5R/5E) |
Auto paper selection (mixed/random size feeding), auto magnification selection, paper type selection, auto tray switching, rotation copy, electronic sorting, network tandem copy, book copy, margin shift, dual page copy, multi-shot (4-in-1, 2-in-1), cover/transparency/tab page insertion, 2-sided copy orientation change, XY zoom, B/W reverse, mirror image, duplex copy, job reservation, job programme, image repeat, irregular original/paper size input, stamps (date, page number, text, stamp), multi-page enlargement, tab copy, centering, proof copy, watermarks, sharpness, preview
Network Colour Scanner
||Push scan (via control panel), pull scan (TWAIN-compliant application)|
||Push scan: 100, 200, 300, 400, 600 dpi|
Pull scan: 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 600 dpi 50 to 9,600 dpi via user setting
||TIFF, PDF, encrypted PDF, JPEG (colour only), XPS*4, high-compression PDF*5|
||Internet fax*6 (supports direct SMTP), PC-Internet fax transmission*6, mixed size original scanning, LDAP support, 1,000 one-touch dials, 500 group dials, direct entry (address, subject, message), 48 job programmes, broadcasting, long original scanning (max. 1,000 mm)*7|
||Document filing capacity
||Main and custom folders: 38GB, 20,000 pages*8 or 3,000 files|
Quick file folder: 12GB, 10,000 pages*8 or 1,000 files
||Copy, print, scan, fax transmission|
||Quick file folder, main folder, custom folder (max. 1,000 folders)|
|Network Printer |
||1,200 x 1,200 dpi, 600 x 600 dpi|
||USB 2.0, 10 Base-T/100Base-TX|
||Windows NT® 4.0 SP5 or later, Windows Server® 2003/2008, Windows®98/Me/2000/XP, Windows VistaTM Mac OS 9.0 to 9.2.2, Mac OS X 10.2.8, 10.3.9, 10.4.11, 10.5 to 10.5.5|
||TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6), IPX/SPX (NetWare), NetBEUI EtherTalk (AppleTalk)|
||LPR, Raw TCP (port 9100), POP3 (e-mail printing), HTTP, Novell Printserver application with NDS and Bindery, FTP for downloading print files, EtherTalk printing, IPP|
||Standard: PCL 6/5e|
Option *10 : PS3 emulation
||80 fonts for PCL, 136 fonts for PS3 emulation*12|
||Network tandem print, RIP Once/Print Many, job retention (print hold, proof print, confidential print), direct PDF/TIFF/JPEG/XPS printing, carbon copy print, duplex print, font/form download, offset output, printer administration utility and status monitor, pamphlet style,IP/MAC address filtering, port/protocol management, binding edge, N-up (2/4/6/8/9/16), paper/output tray selection, cover insertion, transparency interleave, fit to page, watermarks, form overlay, auto configuration, barcode font compatibility, tab print, secure network communications (SSL and IPsec [LPD])|
|Facsimile (Optional MX-FXX2 required)|
||Less than 3 seconds*12|
||33,600 bps to 2,400 bps with automatic fallback|
||From Standard (203.2 x 97.8 dpi) to Super Fine (406.4 x 391 dpi)|
||A3 to A5|
||8MB flash memory|
||Grey scale levels
||Equivalent to 256 levels|
||Duplex transmission/reception, quick on-line transmission, error correction mode, 1,000 one-touch dials, 500 group dials, LDAP support, 48 job programmes, broadcasting number registration, F-Code compatibility (confidential, relay broadcast), polling, memory transmission/reception, auto reduction (transmission/reception), rotation transmission/reception, print actual size, 2-in-1 transmission, long original transmission (max. 1,000 mm), PC-Fax transmission, timer transmission, activity report, anti-junk fax, dual page scan, mixed size original scanning, inbound routing to e-mail/FTP server/network folder (SMB)/PC desktop/group|
* 1 : HDD capacity depends on procurement and sourcing status.
* 2 : Long-edge feeding of A4 sheets. May take longer when taking a copy for the first
time immediately after turning the machine on.
* 3 : Some features require option(s).
* 4 : To view XPS files on PCs not running Windows Vista, you must have the XPS Viewer
* 5 : Optional MX-EBX3 required.
* 6 : Optional MX-FWX1 required.
* 7 : B/W documents only, scanned at under 400-dpi resolution. Max. 800 mm for Internet
faxing or when scanning at 600 x 600-dpi resolution.
* 8 : Measured using Sharp’s standard chart (A4 with 6% coverage, B/W). The Quick File
Folder shares the HDD with the Job Build function; up to 12GB of data storage is
available when using both functions. The storage capacity will be less for colour pages. * 9 : Optional MX-PKX1 required for Mac OS and EtherTalk.
* 10 : PS requires optional MX-PKX1. XPS requires optional MX-PUX1 and MX-ARSMX3 (1GB). * 11 : Some features are not available according to the printer driver used.
* 12 : Based on Sharp’s standard chart with approx. 700 characters (A4 long-edge feeding)
at standard resolution in Super G3 mode, 33,600 bps, JBIG compression.
Design and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
Colour variations to products may occur due to printing.
Some features require optional items. Please consult with an authorised Sharp reseller for details.
All information and technical details are correct as at machine release date.
Windows, Windows NT, Windows Server and Windows Vista are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other brand names and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The energy star logo is a certification mark and may only be used to certify products that have been determined to meet the Energy Star programme requirements. Energy Star is a US registered mark. The Energy Star guidelines apply to products only in the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan.
Business Products Warranty Statement
This Sharp product is warranted against faults in material and manufacture for the
period as stated in the table below.
In the event of any defect arising in the equipment during the warranty period, such
repairs should only be carried out by the Dealer from which the unit was originally
purchased or a Service Centre approved by Sharp to service this type of
equipment These repairs would be carried out at no charge to the owner, subject to the conditions
This warranty does not extend to defects or injuries caused by or resulting from causes
not attributable to faulty parts or the manufacture of the product, including but not
limited to, defect or injury caused by or resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, lack
of maintenance, accidental damage, improper voltage, liquid spillage, vermin infestation,
software, or any alterations made to the product which are not authorised by Sharp.
Please retain your sales documentation, as this should be produced to validate a
warranty claim. This warranty is in addition to and in no way limits, varies or excludes
any implied rights and remedies under any relevant legislation in the country of sale.
This warranty does not cover transportation to and from the Sharp Approved Service
Centre. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same
type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
The repair of your goods may result in the loss of user generated data, please ensure
that you have saved this data elsewhere prior to repair.
Australian customers: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded
under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund
for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable
loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced
if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount
to a major failure. The criteria of a major failure is defined in the Australian
Consumer Law. Should you require any assistance with a major failure please contact Sharp Customer Care.
||24 months (excluding lamps and air filters)
|Copier / Printer
|| 6 months
|Information Display Panel
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This warranty
applies to products sold in Australia & New Zealand